Featured Post

Tyler Morning Telegraph - Galdámez brings church planting, education experience to Grace Español

Here are two articles written by Emily Guevara ( Twitter: @TMTEmily)  on our background and on  Grace Español .   Tyler Morning Telegraph...

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Letters To My Son: Words of Advice To A Christian Gentleman In His First Year of College

Before leaving college I told my son I would write to him a letter once a week. I told him I would write it but mail it "snail mail", not send it in any electronic way. This attempt is a challenge especially when I can't think of something I have not told him already but I am striving towards this goal. Hopefully, some day, he will have a book to share with his children when they go to college as well.
I will begin posting pieces of each letter, mostly the concepts that I strive to convey to him.

The Road Less Traveled
Dear Son,
I never thought that the day would come, but here I am writing from your bedroom. And there you are in Washington D.C. excited and getting adjusted to your new life.  I am excited with you, but I also miss you a lot.  Many times I have thought of you being here and almost called your name out loud. It will take some time to get used to not having you around.  This house feels the emptiness you have left upon your departure.  Now to what I’d like to share with you about the road less traveled.  You have taken this road.  It is less traveled for several reasons.  One of them is because you are unique.  The road can symbolically be the path you have taken.  No two paths are alike and thus yours is as unique as everyone else’s around you. But there are also other reasons.  It is a road less traveled because you are a Christian young man.  The words that the Apostle Paul told young adult Timothy are true for you as well, “from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.” (2 Timothy 3:15) 

No comments: