From my part, this year I am very thankful.
- I am thankful for God's provision. He has provided beyond our needs. This has enabled us to pay our son's tuition, give to churches, support others in need.
- I am thankful for God's leading. He has clearly lead us in our family, from the jobs we have to every major decision. His hand has been upon us.
- I am thankful for my family. My wife has blessed me more than I have blessed her. I am thankful for my children. For my oldest daughter, that though she has some things that are holding the blessings of God, she is well. We are thankful for our oldest son, he turned 20, and he walks with Christ. We are thankful for our two new additions, who we hope to adopt by next May. Diamond, the boy, has been a challenge but also a blessing. We know he will bless many as well. Just yesterday, when we were out shopping I became a bit impatient with an older man who forgot his pin at the register but insisted it was right. Diamond just said, "Have a happy Thanksgiving." This rebuked me. He kept telling other around as well. And also, Epi, our little girl, whose smile and joy brings others the same. We are thankful for all of our extended family as well, especially my 84 year old mom who has recuperated after a pacemaker was placed on her.
- I am thankful for our friends. Those friends who we have known for a long time :) and for the times we've shared. For those that I have met at work, you have blessed me in the short time we have known each other.
- I am thankful for our new church family. We know we made the right decision in becoming part of you. We have been blessed by your support during this time of adopting our two little ones.
- I am thankful for my students. They have been amazing, their differences add to my life in so many ways.
- I am thankful for trials. Oh, yes. I have been tested this year. I expect them, we all should.
And here is my favorite Thanksgiving Psalm with some of my thoughts:
Bless the Lord, O my soul:
and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
To bless, to speak well of God and his Goodness comes from our soul, not just from our lips and from "all that is within" us. We bless his name, his character, because He is holy, perfect in every aspect. He deserves no less.
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits:
We bless the Lord and remind ourselves all the benefits He has given us. We need to be reminded of this because we often focus on the things that we want, don't get or don't like. Remember all his benefits today.
3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities;
Forgiveness. God has forgiven us through Christ. It is not because we deserve it. So why is it that we find it so hard to forgive others? Our forgiveness is no match for God's forgiveness. Every sin we do is a direct offense to Him yet He has forgiven us when we put our faith in Christ's as our Lord and savior.
who healeth all thy diseases;
Who hasn't been sick? We can attribute healing to medicines or doctors, but it really undermines the true healer of all of our diseases. This is not limited to our physical diseases, but those of the heart as well.
4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction;
How often we take things in our own hands and mess them up? God keeps us from destroying our lives. He rescues us. I can think of several instances when this year I have been rescued while I was driving. My foolishness almost cost me an accident yet God rescued me.
who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
Not only does he rescues us but He lavishly gives us his patience and his tender mercies. How patient He is inspite of our repeated offenses against Him.
5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things;
On top of everything He gives us good things. Can you mention some?
This year God has given us so much. He has provided beyond our needs. And not just our physical needs but our emotional and spiritual needs as well. We are satisfied, quite well. We have shared some of those good things with others but we can still do better.
so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
The purpose for God in giving us all these good things is so that we can be renewed. For what purpose? To given thanks to Him and serve Him.
Material is copyright by egaldamez. Permission given torepost or reproduced without editing the content.Disclaimer: The contents of all personal web pages and blogs published are solely my responsibility. Statements made and opinions expressed on personal pages are strictly those of the author and not of any organization, church, or school.