Featured Post

Tyler Morning Telegraph - Galdámez brings church planting, education experience to Grace Español

Here are two articles written by Emily Guevara ( Twitter: @TMTEmily)  on our background and on  Grace Español .   Tyler Morning Telegraph...

Sunday, June 09, 2013

Notes from Children

For the last four years or so at the end of the year, I ask students to write on a notebook anything they
want to say to me. Being the last year teaching, and since my students knew this, they wrote some thoughts for me. I've published some before. Here.

Why do this? Teachers don't often hear how they have impacted their lives. I wanted to avoid this from the beginning of my career. I wanted my students to share the good and the bad, but especially what they learned. It gives helps me see that the time I've spent teaching has been worthwhile.

Here are some unedited excerpts:


  • "Dear Mr. Galdonut,  Thank you so much for teaching me this year! I learned so much. You have a great seance of humor. You also tell great stories, I learned alot of Language Arts and the Blooms Taxonomy of Critical Thinking, Creative Thinking, Analysis, Application and Knowledge...I know everyone from our class will miss you, God has a place for everyone where he is right...you are strong, compassionate, gentle, respectful, pleasing, humorous, ambitious, and many more..."



  • "Thank you for teaching me new ways of doing things. You are very HUMOROUS, HUMBLE, GENTLE and BOLD. Thank you for also pushing my limits and showing me my courage and what I'm capable of. You are a GREAT teacher. You are great at having fun and also smashing down boys! I love how you have A LOT of books."



  • "Dear Mr. G, Thank you for a very good year. I learned a lot. You wanted me to be a great reader, and it worked. Now, my mom and dad are very proud of me because I read for fun...I liked how you liked me a lot. Also, the Bloom's Taxomy was very interesting.  I wanted my writting to always be critical thinking."
  • "Dear Mr. G., ...I really enjoyed my time with you.  I liked how you sometimes forget to do the pledge and don't do traditional American thing because my Grandpa is from Ecuador use to try and blend in...But your stories are what I'll miss the most."
  • "Dear Mr. G. Your the best teacher I had and when I say that I mean it... You have been a great teacher and you dissever to be treated right."
  • "Dear Mr. G, I have to say, this was the best school Year I have had. It couldn't have been without you. You were the best teacher I have ever had."
  • "Dear Master Galdonut...You will always be my favorite teacher...I hope you will be a good pastor..."
  • "Dear Mr. G, Aurivua! Thank you for such a great year! Even though you gave us a lot of work (ha!) It was still fun. I will miss you!..."
  • "When I first got here, I was sad because none of my friends were here and I didn't want you as a teacher. Now I couldn't want anyone else as a teacher. You are a great friend and mentor. I will miss you..."
  • "This was a wonderful year. I learned a lot from you...You gave me many privileges this year."
  • "Dear Mr. G, You were such an AWESOME Epic teacher this year...Thank  you for all you've done this year for us and especially me! (that was misspelled)."
  • "Dear Mr. Galdonut, At the beginning of the year I didn't like reading. Now I love reading."
 I also received a few from parents confirming what students have said.

I will surely miss you! I've loved everyone of you! You have changed me also. Forever!

No comments: