Here are some things I teach my children about obedience:
1. They are commanded to obey us (Ephesians 6:1) as we are also commanded to raise them in the ways of The Lord (Ephesians 6:4).
2. We are all called to obey God first and when someone tell us to do something contrary to what God has commanded us, we politely refuse. (I actually do say, "obey your teacher," to my children.) See Acts 5:29.
3. Obedience means doing what you are told the first time.
4. Disobedience will always bring consequences some in the form of discipline.
5. We will always be consistent in our expectations for obedience and in discipline.