Featured Post

Tyler Morning Telegraph - Galdámez brings church planting, education experience to Grace Español

Here are two articles written by Emily Guevara ( Twitter: @TMTEmily)  on our background and on  Grace Español .   Tyler Morning Telegraph...

Thursday, January 22, 2015

I Count My Life of No Value to Myself

Paul had a singular life focus but not for himself. In this over thirty years as a believer Paul travelled over 8,700 miles by foot, about 15,000 in his lifetime, planted at least 14 churches and wrote 13 of the 27 books of the New Testament and suffered a lot. All for the Gospel of Christ. His life in of itself had no value unless it had to do with what God had called him to do, preach the Gospel. He knew it would cost him "his" life. According to tradition he was beheaded by Nero around 64-65 A.D. He finished his race, faithfully. 2 Timothy 4:8.

In our modern culture, even as Christians, we see the opposite. Our care is about ourselves (just look at our endless "selfies"), especially our bodies. We love ourselves (remember Narcissus?) and our comfort. What if we Christians really just lived for Christ? No, I mean really! What would it look like?

Acts 20:24. "But I count my life of no value to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of God’s grace."

 

 

No comments: