Featured Post

Tyler Morning Telegraph - Galdámez brings church planting, education experience to Grace Español

Here are two articles written by Emily Guevara ( Twitter: @TMTEmily)  on our background and on  Grace Español .   Tyler Morning Telegraph...

Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Plight of My Brothers and Sisters in Christ in America

Imagine you leave your country, spend 20+ years without seeing your parents and other siblings and can't go back of your legal status. You left everything looking for a better place for your immediate family that is with you.  In spite of your struggles, such as the fact you don't speak English and you don't understand everything about the culture, the way things work, you are thankful.You are better off  than where you came from and America has become your home. You have been educated in your country, but here in America you have to work in low wage jobs but you don't complain. You are thankful.  Besides all of this, it is in America where you have been given the greatest gift, Christ. Someone told you about Jesus and you placed your faith in him and everything changed. Your life has acquired new meaning and has made it all worthwhile.

This is the case of many of my brothers and sisters in Christ, some I have gotten to know recently. I myself, can identify with them. My family came to America with the same purpose. We found Christ here too and our lives changed forever. Fortunately, all of my family lives in the United States and live well.  But for many of them, the struggle continues. They work in low-paying jobs, receive no help from the government (As it was our case too. We didn't even know there was any) or anyone else but are grateful. They thank God for the opportunity of being here and for having what they have. Their generosity, gratefulness and humility is impressive. Their love for each other in the family, for the church family and their desire to serve is worthy of praise. But they don't seek this. They have blessed me and continue to remind me that our lives do not consist on our social or legal status, on what we possess or don't possess, our language acquisition or lack thereof, or anything external. I am thankful and honored to call them my brothers and sisters in Christ. They are my forever family united by the blood of Christ. He has made us one people.  In Christ we are bound in the herenow and for eternity. These are my brothers and sisters which whom I will spend time there worshipping our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10 And they cried out in a loud voice:“Salvation belongs to our God,who sits on the throne,and to the Lamb.” (Revelation 7:9-10)



No comments: