Featured Post

Tyler Morning Telegraph - Galdámez brings church planting, education experience to Grace Español

Here are two articles written by Emily Guevara ( Twitter: @TMTEmily)  on our background and on  Grace Español .   Tyler Morning Telegraph...

Friday, December 28, 2012

We don't deserve it! It's grace!

Our little boy likes to say "I don't deserve it," when he gets something like a treat. He started saying this especially when he has had a bad day. At one point he said he didn't deserve to be alive. I reminded him that none of us do. At one time I pointed to Him that we don't deserve to be alive but God in his mercy and grace gives us life. Today when he got a treat he said he didn't deserve it. My older son told him, it's grace, getting what we don't deserve. That's why he was receiving a ginger cookie.

 

After getting another treat in the evening from my wife, he said he didn't deserve it again and I answered him with the usual. His response was "Thank you for grace."

 

Yep, that's exactly right! It's what I say every day. It's what we all should say every day when we wake up.

 

"God, be merciful to me a sinner," we should say like the tax collector in Luke 18:9-14. God showed him mercy. He went home justified (not the one who claimed to be good). Ephesians 2:8 says that we are saved by grace through faith and this is not of ourselves, not a result of our own working out. It is a gift from God.

This reminds me of the chorus of the Hymn Grace Greater Than Our Sin:

Grace, grace, God’s grace,
Grace that will pardon and cleanse within;
Grace, grace, God’s grace,
Grace that is greater than all our sin.


 

 

 

No comments: