Featured Post

Tyler Morning Telegraph - Galdámez brings church planting, education experience to Grace Español

Here are two articles written by Emily Guevara ( Twitter: @TMTEmily)  on our background and on  Grace Español .   Tyler Morning Telegraph...

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Helping the Needy, the Poor and the Hungry


For many years I have been supporting three children from World Vision. One girl from Mexico, one boy from Africa and one girl from Albania. For about $30 bucks they are able to provide help for poor communities that don't have their basic necessities, such as food, water, health aid, and education. One can also give a monetary gift that can go directly to the sponsored child. They assess their needs and they give the money. In return, you get a letter, pictures of what was bought and the satisfaction of helping someone in need. This has brought great joy to me and my family. I know my money is is being used for someone who really needs it. I also give to other local organizations such as Fred Jordan Mission who feeds hungry people in LA, The Long Beach Rescue Mission and the Orange County Food Bank. I have to other organizations as well: Samaritan's Purse, The Salvation and the Red Cross.

Why do I this? I do it because I count myself blessed and cannot fathom the fact that there are so many people close and far who don't have their basic necessities. We in this country, no matter what financial status we are, are rich. We have so much. Why not give a little this Christmas season and fulfill its true meaning: Giving and blessing others as the God has given us everything in his Son.

No comments: