Featured Post

Tyler Morning Telegraph - Galdámez brings church planting, education experience to Grace Español

Here are two articles written by Emily Guevara ( Twitter: @TMTEmily)  on our background and on  Grace Español .   Tyler Morning Telegraph...

Monday, August 19, 2013

Save A Life

Today is my 43rd BIRTHday. I am thankful to God for giving me life and for those he has put in my life to keep me safe. God used my mom (and my father) to give me life. I remember that my mom once told me someone close to her suggested to have an abortion when she was pregnant with me. She refused. I am thankful or I wouldn't be here. This is not the case with the 54 million babies killed since 1974. No one protected them. I really don't care to hear the politics of abortion because for me life comes from God. Every human life in any stage of life is sacred. This is not my opinion, it's God's truth. Here are some foundational passages from Scripture (see more here).


    Exodus 20:13 “You shall not murder.

    Job 31:15 Did not he that made me in the womb make him? and did not one fashion us in the womb?
    Psalms 22:10 I was cast on you from the womb: you are my God from my mother's belly.
    Psalms 139:13 For you have possessed my reins: you have covered me in my mother's womb.
    Psalms 139:14 I will praise you; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are your works; and that my soul knows right well.
    Proverbs 31:8 Open your mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction.
    Isaiah 49:15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yes, they may forget, yet will I not forget you.
    Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the belly I knew you; and before you came forth out of the womb I sanctified you, and I ordained you a prophet to the nations.

This video challenged me today:

 

This man has saved over 1,000 babies in the 3 years he has done this full time. It challenged me to ask myself what I am doing to save a life. What is The Church, God's prophetic voice, doing to save a life? What are you doing?

More about John Barros here.

 

No comments: